Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is an Escape Room?
"Escape rooms are live interactive adventure games in which participants must team up to solve a series of riddles, puzzles, and challenges to win" (Kroski 3).
"Escape room games are interactive games in which groups of participants gather in a room where they must solve a series of puzzles within a specified time limit" (Kroski 5).
Kroski, Ellyssa. Escape Rooms and Other Immersive Experiences in the Library. ALA Editions, 2019.
Escape Room Rules
- You may not use cell phones.
- You may only write on scrap paper that is provided but not write on the puzzles, riddles, or clues, etc.
- Please don't spill beverages or drop food on the furniture or floor.
- Please don't tear down any of the decors or move Ferrum College furniture.
- Please don't put clues in the ceiling tiles, light fixtures, or in unreachable places if we ask you to hide to them at the end of the session.
- Don't give away any clues or answers to students outside of the Escape room.
Stanley Library hours
The hours of operation depend on selected days and times when running a specific escape room event.