Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Quantitative Research Articles
In order to find research that uses “hard numbers,” statistical or computational information, to gather facts, you’ll want to use these business, science, and sociological databases and know the terms. Some terms that can be helpful are statistical, empirical, percent or percentage, experiment, and other terms that refer to ways to measure an outcome. These databases will also help:
- Academic Search Complete is a multi-disciplinary full-text database, accessing over 7,000 full-text periodicals, including nearly 6,000 peer-reviewed journals. Academic Search Complete also offers indexing and abstracts for more than 11,000 journals and over 11,600 other publications including monographs, reports, and conference transcripts. You can search the database individually, or you can use the One Search option.
- Business Source Complete covers topics related to accounting, economics, finance, management and management information systems, marketing and international business and also provides economic reports from other countries using Global Insight, ICON Group and CountryWatch. Over 2,700 full-text titles, plus 881 full-text peer-reviewed publications. You can search the database individually, or you can use the One Search option.
- ERIC is helpful for finding quantitative research too. Searches can be limited to full-text results. You can search the database individually, or you can use the One Search option. Narrow the Publication Type toward the bottom of the search to “Numeric/Quantitative Data.”
- Medline is the National Library of Medicine’s index (with many full text articles) of articles from medical journals and important research studies. It is the best place to research medical topics. You can search the database individually, or you can use the One Search option.
- Wiley Online Library delivers seamless integrated access to over 4 million articles from 1500 journals, over 11,500 online books, and hundreds of reference works, laboratory protocols and databases.
, Library Services
, Media and Communication
, Social Studies
, Theatre Arts